Monday, October 20, 2008

Two Weeks to Go!


Only two weeks left before the big move and I can't help but be bored. I love the fall colors here, orange, reds, yellows, its all really pretty and produces sweet smells and great harvests. Michigan is a really cool state for anyone thinking of relocating here. It's hard really appreciating it if you've grown up here and don't know anything else. This is why I can't agree with anyone that just stereotypes a region as one thing. Michigan has so much variety and I know this because I've spent so much time here. I can't even begin to assume I know the entire spectrum of splendor that somewhere like Maine has to offer. The same goes for people. Don't pigeon hole a person into a type, unless you want to be proven wrong. Barack Obama was just a fat momma's boy, now he's three weeks away from the oval office, I hope.

Well that was a random diatribe, all I really want to say is that things are progressing and I am one week closer to Vail. Our friends from New Zealand, Dan and Mary, are on their way to us right now. They will be staying with us for a while until they go back to Kiwi land. I am excited to talk with them about their travels and my future trip. Spending time in New Zealand remains one of my long-term goals. It is a staple of who I am and who I want to be. That's all I have. These posts will start getting more exciting I hope as the coming months progress.



No comments: